Thank you to all who took time to comment on the Environmental Assessment for the I-5 Rose Quarter Improvement Project or who attended meetings and community briefings. We appreciate the thoughtfulness of the comments and knowledge shared to help ensure a thorough environmental process.
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) are reviewing all written comments and public testimony received during the official 45-day comment period that ended April 1, 2019. While we work on responses to your comments, we want you to have access to the information shared with us. All the comments received are now posted on the project website. Responses to these comments are forthcoming in the coming months.
Topics frequently mentioned in the comments include:
- Design and function of the covers over I-5
- Public process, including the selection of the project for funding and alternatives considered
- Public health, including air quality and noise effects
- Climate change
- Traffic volumes and safety
- Transit operations
- Grades and location of bicycle and pedestrian facilities
- Effects to minority and historically marginalized communities
- Construction effects
- Consistency with local land use plans
- Level of environmental documentation
Please stay engaged
We encourage your continued engagement in this project. More opportunities to provide your feedback and input are coming in the future with a community advisory committee, open houses and design charrettes.