https://www.i5rosequarter.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/I5RQ-Logo_whiteBG_566x156.png 0 0 April deLeon-Galloway https://www.i5rosequarter.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/I5RQ-Logo_whiteBG_566x156.png April deLeon-Galloway2020-09-02 16:17:202020-09-02 16:38:20What will the project build?
- Highway covers over I-5 that create new community spaces on top of I-5 and seismically upgrade overpasses.
- A new east-west roadway crossing over I-5 to connect NE Hancock Street with N Dixon Street.
- A new pedestrian and bicycle bridge from Clackamas Street to the Rose Quarter entertainment area.
- Local street improvements for all users, including new separated multi-use paths for people walking, biking, and rolling.
A Safer and More Reliable I-5
- A new ramp-to-ramp connection, or auxiliary lane, in each direction on I-5 between I-84 and I-405 to reduce motor vehicle weaving. This means safer merging and improved connections between interchanges in an area where three interstates meet.
- Wider shoulders in each direction on I-5 between I-84 and I-405. This will provide space for disabled motor vehicles to move out of traffic, allow emergency vehicles to respond to emergencies more quickly, and help buses avoid congestion and maintain reliability.